POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Problem with Quicktime files : Problem with Quicktime files Server Time
2 May 2024 17:58:32 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with Quicktime files
From: tpwaterh
Date: 25 Jun 2004 18:30:01
Message: <web.40dca65c932f7fd23e7b70250@news.povray.org>
When I use POV-Ray to render an animation into a QuickTime file, the movie
comes out just fine and I can play it in QuickTime Player with no problems.
 BUT - if I then scp the file to my website and download it in Safari, I
get an error message from QuickTime - "Could not open the file ... because
it is not a file that QuickTime understands."  This happens even if I scp
the file back to my Mac.  In fact, I can take a working .mov rendered by
POV-Ray, scp it to another machine, scp it back, and run diff to verify
that the files are completely identical - and yet the downloaded version
won't work with QuickTime.  How is this possible?  What's going on?